Friday, May 4, 2012

First post: Replaced


I wrote the first 50,000 words of Replaced in November of 2009 for NaNoWriMo, then a took a four month break from it then continued writing the other half of it in March of 2010 before finishing it in April of 2010.

Replace sat in my computer for a little over a year before I showed it to my husband, whom I had met in January of 2011. He, despite not being much of a reader, sat down with it and read a few chapters.

When he was finished he told he like it and then asked when I had written it. When I had told him how long it had been sitting in my computer he then asked if I wanted to get it published, in which I had said yes and since then he has been trying to prevent me from procrastinating on getting it published, while telling almost everyone he met that I had a novel coming out before we moved to the state of Washington, where he found some more people to tell.

Here is the back of book synopsis for Replaced:


     Samuel Khoder is the CEO and owner of a local paper distribution company living in Riverbrook California in the year 2057. His life is uprooted when he is shot and left for dead by someone previously unknown to him. 


     He wakes up in the house of his best friends to find that his life has been taken over by an imposter. With the help of his friend Horace, a doctor, and Horace's wife Debbie, a makeup artist, Sam endeavors to take his life back without raising suspicions.


Right now the publication process for Replaced is at 65% and in the next two to three weeks the revision rounds for the book will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment